Sam Rayburn South
The most popular game fish at Sam Rayburn Reservoir is the largemouth bass, hosting numerous tournaments each year. Excellent year-round crappie and catfish fisheries are also present. White bass numbers are limited, but provide good fishing opportunities during the spring.
The hybrid striped bass population is maintained by TPWD through annual stockings and is popular due to this fish’s growth potential, schooling nature, and fighting characteristics. Bluegill and redear sunfish are present in high numbers and provide good fishing, especially for youth or inexperienced anglers.
- Brookeland, TX(Sabine & Jasper County)
- Jasper, TX(Jasper County)
- Colmesneil, TX (Tyler County)
- Zavalla, TX (Angelina County)
- Lamar State University, Beaumont, TX
Smaller Local Hospitals
- Christus Jasper Memorial, Jasper, TX