Sam Rayburn North
Lake Sam Rayburn is located north of Jasper, Texas in the heart of the East Texas Piney woods. The lake is designed to provide flood control to the Angelina & Neches River basins, supply water to the Beaumont and Lufkin as well as offer some of the best fishing, camping and boating in Texas.
At 114,400 acres Sam Rayburn lake is the largest man made lake in the state of Texas. The lake has a maximum depth of 80 feet and an annual fluxuation of about 10 feet. With nearly 750 miles of shoreline you will find many areas around Sam Rayburn Lake to have a picnic, launch your boat, do some fishing and enjoy the lake.
Other things to do in the area other than boating, waterskiing, wakeboarding, swimming, fishing, and camping, are birdwatching, nature hiking, historic tours of the local towns, and scenic drives around the lake. You can find all types of lodging in the area including: cabin rentals, lake house rentals, condo rentals, bed and breakfast inns, motels and RV parks.
- Broaddus, TX (San Augustine County)
- Etoile, TX (Nacogdoches County)
- Zavalla, TX (Angelina County)
- Huntington, TX (Angelina County)
- Pineland, TX (Sabine County)
- Angelina College, Lufkin, TX
Smaller Local Hospitals
Larger Area Hospitals
- Nacogdoches Medical Center, Nacogdoches, TX
- Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital, Nacogdoches, TX
- Woodland Heights, Lufkin Texas
- Lufkin Memorial Hospital, Lufkin, TX