Jasper is an East Texas community located in Jasper County. A fair-sized town compared to its rural neighbors, Jasper is home to approximately 7,590 residents. The town is located just minutes from the Toledo Bend Reservoir, 11 miles west from B.A. Steinhagen Lake, and is just nine miles south of Sam Rayburn Reservoir, one of the state’s premier fishing and water sport destinations.
Home Sweet Home
This community welcomes all kinds of house hunters. From retirees looking for low-maintenance living opportunities and young professionals seeking starter homes, to families looking for roomy properties to raise their growing families, Jasper is a diverse community with properties available for all income brackets and lifestyle preferences.
Did You Know?
- Jasper is known as the “Butterfly Capital of Texas.” It hosts an annual Butterfly Festival on the first Saturday in October to celebrate the migration of monarch butterflies.
- In February 2003, wreckage from the space shuttle Columbia was recovered in Jasper.
- Jasper is home to over 250 businesses, making it easy to work close to home.
- Hurricane Rita ravaged the city when it moved inland on September 25, 2005. For three-and-a-half weeks, Jasper and its residents were left without potable water and electricity.
- The community is serious about preserving its natural beauty. The Jasper Arboretum Project, established in 2000, has developed walking trails, public gardens, a nature classroom, and a master gardener greenhouse. This is all part of the Outdoor Learning Center built in 2012, which encompasses 14 acres of greenspace.
Learn More About Jasper
Are you new to the area? Learn more about everything Jasper, Texas has to offer and explore the various properties available by contacting the Sam Rayburn South real estate team at the Allman Company. We’re always excited to meet new people and show you why Jasper is the perfect place to call home.