Located just a few miles from the border of Texas and Louisiana, this lovely single-family home at the outskirts of Hemphill is a waterfront property you shouldn’t miss.
Hemphill is a rural area with around 1,200 residents, most of who live in single-family homes and work in the sales, transportation, and warehousing industries.
The city is located in Sabine County, which is right next to Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn Lakes.
About the featured property
The featured home at 130 Toledo West Drive is a waterfront property built in 1984.
It’s got a wonderful view of Toledo Bend that makes it a perfect place to relax and entertain friends.
This log home boasts:
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 full baths
- 3,696 square feet of space
- A stone fireplace
- A 40 x 40 boathouse with two boat lifts
- A dock and a fish cleaning station, perfect for anglers who enjoy freshwater fishing
The house is also located in an area filled with beautiful local trees and plants.
- Hemphill has a land area of 2.38 square miles
- The city is named after former Senator John Hemphill who’s also a legal scholar and an early Texas judge
- Hemphill was directly affected by the wreckage from the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster of 2003/li>
- The city is in the county seat of Sabine, which has a population of more than 10,000
Things to do
- Don’t forget to stop by Hemphill BBQ for a dose of authentic Southern goodness! Hailed as the best barbecue in Sabine County and the entire Deep East Texas area, Hemphill BBQ has earned countless positive reviews.
- The “Remembering Columbia” Museum is another popular spot in Hemphill. The place commemorates Columbia’s last mission, when the shuttle exploded shortly after liftoff and scattered debris over East Texas. The exhibits feature all the astronauts on the Mission and memorabilia from the crew and their families.
For information on this and other properties, contact the Allman Company today.